+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burned flat filter pan - OK?

Quote Originally Posted by tgormley358 View Post
    Thanks for these ideas. Iím intrigued by the copper
    Pipe idea but lack the pipe and tools needed at the moment. Iíll try the vinegar and paper towels. Also read online to try baking soda and water mixed then boiled 5 minutes. Then scrub. Iíll
    Report back.
    They also make a copper brillo pad....... check with ACE:
    www.acehardware.com/departments/home-and-decor/cleaning-and-disinfectants/scouring-pads-and-sponges/1439751?x429=true&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc &gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiICBnJW54AIVA6hpCh1SyAChEAQYBSA BEgJ7X_D_BwE
    Zucker Lager

I was able to completely remove the burn from the pan tonite following an idea I found online for stainlesss kitchen pans, without any scraping. Just water, a healthy dose baking soda, bring to a boil and the stuff starting flaking right off in front of my eyes. Just a sponge to finish the job. This did what vinegar, oil, scraping with a Teflon spatula couldnít do.
    Still a newbie after 2 seasons.
    2016: 20 taps on buckets, 4 gallons of syrup finished inside on the stove, on a 2x3 steel arch with flat pan, outdoor boiling.
    2017: 32 taps on buckets, 8 gallons of syrup, on a "loaner" Lapierre 19x48 Mini-Pro, 120 SS tank, loaned by a friend. Makeshift 8x8 sugar shack attached to a shed with a plywood roof
    2018: 75 taps if i can convince my neighbors to let me tap their trees with tubing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12