+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: February Journal

Good Idea on the tether for the lid. The old missing lid had one, a plastic strap. Looks like it didnt hold up, when the wind from driving caught it?
    New lid is a little tight but its ready to go for the next sap run. Wich looks like March 10th if you can believe the Accuweather forecast? Will be working on making value added maple proudcts and canning syrup for the Taste and Tour in North West PA. Several orders to fill too!

www.pamaple.org

Regards,
    Chris
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

I have one woods ready, looking to have the other ready for March 11 which is when Accuweather says I should start getting good sap.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123