+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Munson’s Maple 2019

Default Munson’s Maple 2019

Well it’s 2019 and the season is knocking on our doorstep! I spent some time in the sugar shack today cleaning and organizing. Cleaned out the tanks, and made some drops. I’m getting itchy to drill! Still have lots to do tho, maybe in a few weeks. Can’t wait to try out my homemade RO too. Heading to Sunnyside next weekend also. Hope I’m not the only one getting the itch!
    Last edited by Wingo87; 01-26-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    Started in 2013 with 15 taps on buckets and a turkey frier.
    Now 2020, 250 taps, 3/16's with vac. 10x14 sugarhouse. 2x6 Leader raised flue. Homemade 50 gal per hour RO.
    Munson's Maple’s

I went to Bascom's this morning and Sunnyside this afternoon. I'm ready to tap as soon as the weather breaks.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

What does everyone think about next weeks temps? I’m in S. NH. Looks like great runs but it’s early. I’ve tapped early before and done well. I’m thinking I’m going to try and hold out but not sure. I run vac and new taps every year.
    Now 2020, 250 taps, 3/16's with vac. 10x14 sugarhouse. 2x6 Leader raised flue. Homemade 50 gal per hour RO.
    Munson's Maple’s

If you are ready to tap go for it. I'm going to wait one more week.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Boy what a strange season. Trees really opened up in the last few days. I’m up to 9ish gallons made so far this season. I’m doing a bunch of syrup for a few couples as wedding favors this year which is cool! It’s going to be a busy week with sap but with my new RO I can stay ahead of it, best upgrade I ever did. Had lots of ppl in the shack yesterday and hopefully lots for Maple weekend!
    Munson's Maple’s

+ Reply to Thread