+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mother nature's gone choo-choo

Speaking of "choo-choo", just finished reading "The Coming of the Train" about logging and trains in the Deerfield valley of W Ma. and Southern Vt. 100+ years ago and I thought I read something about past weather in New England. Just found the page.
    Reprinted in the Deerfield Valley Times 1/24/1890 from the Taunton,Mass. Gazette;Mild Winters in the Past;
    1838-39: very mild winter,only 3-4 cold days,no sleighing
    1849-50: robins remained all winter
    1857-58:very mild dandelion in bloom 12/24
    1869-70: 12/8 trees bud,grass is green,1/10 farmers plowed in Mass. ,1/28 pansies picked, 3/1 radishes sold
    1875-76: Temp.76 on 1/1,2/8 trees bud
    1877-78 12/28 trees budded,1/16 ground unfrozen,bluebirds & robins singing,grass green,12/31 rosebush in New Bedfoed in full bloom,1/12 quart of strawberries picked in New London Ct.
    1879-80 1/5 grasshoppers seen in New Haven,1/16 bluebirds and robins seen in Maine,1/26 farmers plowing in Rhode Island

I don't get too worked up about the "Gloal Warming" then the new rage "Climate Change" narrative they are trying to shove down our throats...they just want to tax us more and play with our emotions. Farming records in Europe go back hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years and there has always been wacky seasons. But back then they weren't doing Geoengineering and Solar Radiation Management (SRM) like they are now,that's the white elephant in the room that nobody,except a few brave people,want to talk about. Today a beautiful sunrise and then I watched them spray for hours on end and now the sun is barely shining through! That's what's really going on!

It’s climate change alright. Been happening since the end of the ice age, not much end in sight. Wait a minute....I guess the end of the ice age was climate change too. See a trend. Oh ya...drive a Prius and it will help.
    Last edited by mainebackswoodssyrup; 02-01-2019 at 07:10 PM.

From John Coleman, the guy that founded the Weather channel. How the Global Warming Scare Began.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUD...ature=youtu.be

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12