+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northcentral Wisconsin 2019

Finally getting some sap here but now a possible foot of snow coming???? holy smokes get the snowshoes back out ha ha. Jay
    Zucker Lager

So I finished up my near syrup last night from last week Fridays boil and have maybe a little over 3 gallons from the 86 gallons of sap I boiled. Syrup was back to amber compared to the dark syrup from the week before. Not sure if my dad boils different than I did Friday but he boiled the batch that was dark. I know there could be lots of variables that effect the color. Next year I need to invest in a decent pan instead of the buffet pans. Looking at the weather for Merrill area and could maybe get another week or 2 out of it but running out of wood and have about 7 gallons of syrup so far and what ever we get from this week. So it has been a great year for my 25 taps compared to last year when it was a struggle to get the 4 gallons I did.

This past weekend collected 53 gallons, made 1.5 gal of Syrup. We pulled the 25 taps, now just need to bottle the 4.5 gal I have ready from the last couple weeks. Was a great season should finish with about 8 gals bottled which is double what we did last year (22 taps). Ran out of dry wood stacked, so season came to an end at the perfect time.

Default How is everybody doing? Momsey here!

Just wondering how it is running. Here where I am by eau claire, it is slow. I have 40 taps out and so far only 60 gallon of sap.

I’m south of Eau Claire a bit and I haven’t had any sap since Monday. 16 bucket taps on silver maples. I’m hoping they don’t completely bud out this week, otherwise it’ll be an incredibly short first season.
    Last edited by DairyVet; 03-11-2021 at 06:06 PM.

We're just south of hwy 29 just east of Thorpe. Had 35gals Tues from 24 taps. Not much happening during the day. We tap 2hrs from our home so won't go back for a few days now. Good to hear what is happening in that area. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123