+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is not right for USA producer.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    we know they closed there doors to the public
    But wait a minute .... I read a article where The State of New York gave a reason for the Grant as the fact that the operation, that being Crown Maple, was creating a "Tourist Destination" for the Hudson Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by n8hutch View Post
    Table Sugar and Corn Syrup "which we All know is Highly Subsidized "
    Nate, where is this information available? I would think that the politicians from all of the Maple Syrup producing states should be made aware that they are, in essence, taking away from there constituents. That's not right.
    Matt,
    Minehart Gap Maple

Quote Originally Posted by minehart gap View Post
    Nate, where is this information available? I would think that the politicians from all of the Maple Syrup producing states should be made aware that they are, in essence, taking away from there constituents. That's not right.
    I dont want to Hyjack this thread but do some Google Searches and you will find all kinds of info on how corn and sugar beets are subsidized in the United states, some articles claim up to 4 billion dollars a year just on sugar beets , white sugar is made from sugar beets and Cane sugar. There was actually a time when the railroads were running that Sugar Beets were grown here in Fryeburg Maine. Anyway theres alot to the story of how white Sugar is Subsidized and corn syrup and it is a very complex issue, but I still dont have to like it.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    thanks nate. yes this is America everyone can somewhat do what they want. make it so customers want you, we are on the high side of prices but we sell a ton of product. its all about backing your product
    And to clarify - we can also do what we want in Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. The Federation only covers syrup produced in Quebec. In the rest of the country we can add as many taps as we want and sell as much syrup to whomever we please. Not trying to pick a fight - just making it clear that you can't lump all Canadian syrup into the same basket. We have similar challenges competing with the syrup from Quebec but are obviously not affected by the effects of the exchange rate between $US vs $Cdn. Supply is one big cause of low prices in the states right now but the $0.25+ reduction in our dollar (compared to say 2011) is definitely a bigger factor.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

At present, U.S. maple syrup bulk prices are dictated about 90% by the Canadian Exchange rate and about 10% by oversupply. That is for the wider market. In some areas there is more oversupply and thus lower prices, while in some regions syrup is considerably less abundant and the prices are a bit higher.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

I am Marc from Deerfield NH. So now after starting out 2010 with 30 taps and gone over 800 plus as of today waiting to see what will happen. I went hole hog buying the land to try and get 1500 taps for a cash crop. I made an inquire on bulk price today. I get a price from B-----m .75 less pr. pound than I got 2014 when I got hooked. I got to feel my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Bear View Post
    But wait a minute .... I read a article where The State of New York gave a reason for the Grant as the fact that the operation, that being Crown Maple, was creating a "Tourist Destination" for the Hudson Valley.
    I don't know where this info came from, their Facebook page still shows open house events?
    11x29 sugarhouse
    2x8 airtight arch homemade with waterloo flue pan, welded syrup pan and parallel flow preheater hood
    250gph cdl ro
    1100+ taps for 2014, approx 1000 of them vac
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crowh...5582993?ref=hl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123