+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chimney and Steam Vent Height

Default Chimney and Steam Vent Height

So I am moving my operation inside this year and just purchased a used Lapierre Mini Pro (19x48). I am going to be setting it up inside a detached 2 car garage and I will have a steam hood. I'm trying to figure out what my chimney height above the peak of the roof should be. Total height from the top of the arch to the roof will be 10', 8' of it will be with 7" single wall stainless pipe, then switching to Class A pipe to exit through the roof. The steam pipe will be 8" duct.

What should my total height above the roof be in order to get a good draw? If I use 4' of Class A, that would be about 2' above the roof, but only about 1.5' above the peak (unit is NOT centered in the garage).

Also, should my chimney height be taller than the steam vent?

Top of stack needs to be 2' above any part of the roof thats within 10' of the stack. So if the peak of the roof is less than ten feet away you must be 2' above it.
    March 2011- my brain had a weird spark
    3 taps then 14
    2012- 35 taps
    2013-GBM 2x4 150 taps
    2014- Custom 2x10
    2015- Smoky Lake 2x2 syrup 2x8 drop flue
    2016- turbo 2000 and 36 cfm sihi 500 taps,
    2017- SL filter and bottler

MN Jake is correct on the smoke stack, but the steam stack can be just 1' out without regard for the peak. That is, unless you you get more than a foot of snowfall in some storms, in that case make it 6" taller than you might expect in a bad snow storm.
    For the smoke stack you can go back to single wall to gain height once thru the roof. The steam stack can be single all the way up.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread