+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 /16th tubing preference

I just made up 2000 drops in the last few weeks. I had several rolls of blue CDL tubing in my sugar house so I started with that. I'm not sure if it was semi ridged or not but it was firm. I came up 500+ short of what I needed so I went to my dealer and all he had was green. I bought 4 rolls of green CDL tubing and the stuff is JUNK. It is soft and very tough to make drops with. I would not recommend this tubing to anyone. I am bringing the green back today and getting blue. Although I buy all my supplies from my friend at CDL I have to admit that the best tubing I have ever used was H2O. By far the best. I have tried CDL, Leader, Lapierre and H2O.

Spud

Wow pushing 2000 drops together! Hum Got me thinking about getting the old singer sowing machine rigged up for that chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duclos View Post
    Wow pushing 2000 drops together! Hum Got me thinking about getting the old singer sowing machine rigged up for that chore.

HAHA maybe you should Marc. After making all those drops my shoulder blades were burning. I'm too cheap to buy a drop maker.

Spud

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    HAHA maybe you should Marc. After making all those drops my shoulder blades were burning. I'm too cheap to buy a drop maker.

Spud
    Naw, you’re not cheap, just a thrifty Yankee.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12