+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screens/filters for sap in IBC Totes

I’ve been scouring the Internet trying to find the best solution for my own operation, and I stumbled upon this and I’ve made a phone call to the manufacturer to find out what kind of HDPE it is made out of, I haven’t heard back yet but I’m going to call in the morning to follow up. It’s not cheap but it would definitely make for emptying buckets a breeze. https://totetopmegafunnel.com
    Last edited by In da bush; 02-12-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In da bush View Post
    I’ve been scouring the Internet trying to find the best solution for my own operation, and I stumbled upon this and I’ve made a phone call to the manufacturer to find out what kind of HDPE it is made out of, I haven’t heard back yet but I’m going to call in the morning to follow up. It’s not cheap but it would definitely make for emptying buckets a breeze. https://totetopmegafunnel.com
    Turns out this product is made out of recycled hdpe and I’d NOT food safe. I talked with the owner and told him there could be a market if it was made out of food safe HDPE. It’s not cheap but it would be a "one and done" purchase for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by In da bush View Post
    Turns out this product is made out of recycled hdpe and I’d NOT food safe. I talked with the owner and told him there could be a market if it was made out of food safe HDPE. It’s not cheap but it would be a "one and done" purchase for sure.
    Wow that would be awesome!!

I use a cone syrup filter for filtering sap. The sap pours through very fast. I made a funnel (to hold the filter) out of a half gallon soda bottle. It wedged securely into the tote opening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12