+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Location of tanks??

Default Location of tanks??

Probly purchasing a R/O in the next week or 2, but I have a quick question. How high do my tanks need to be above the R/O?
    24x56 heavy timber post and beam sugar house. 2013 CDL 2.5x8 deluxe airtight raised flue 750 taps on vacuum. CDL reverse osmosis, Wes Fab 7" full bank press. Eastern Maine CDL sales rep.

Most, if not all RO's have a feed pump which allows the feed tanks to be on the same level as the RO. We have our feed tanks, which are totes, sitting on 8" cement blocks simply for the ease of washing them out between sap collections.
    Gary
    16' X 24' Sugarhouse
    2' X 6' Leader Inferno Arch with Revolution Raised-Flue Pans, Smoky Lake preheater and hood
    Deer Run Maple gas-powered 250 RO
    WesFab 7" filter press
    Kubota 1100 RTV with tracks and 125 gallon tank for transporting sap
    800 taps on gravity and vacuum
    Very supportive wife who is the best coworker
    http://mapletrader.com/community/sho...ing-Sugarhouse

I am getting the CDL 300gph horizontal modal and will be set on a shelf about 4' off the floor. My tanks are outside but located right on the other side of the wall from the R/O, but wasent sure if the pumps are self priming or do the tanks need to be higher then machine it's self.
    24x56 heavy timber post and beam sugar house. 2013 CDL 2.5x8 deluxe airtight raised flue 750 taps on vacuum. CDL reverse osmosis, Wes Fab 7" full bank press. Eastern Maine CDL sales rep.

You will have an easier time getting the pumps primed if your sap level is above your pump. Once primed it won’t make any difference.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

+ Reply to Thread