+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guzzler as transfer pump ?

Default Guzzler as transfer pump ?

Looking for opinions on using a guzzler as a transfer pump. My releaser is 1700’ from the sugar house and is supplied vacuum from the sugar house. There is a gradual slope putting the tank 25-30 feet lower than the sugar house.I have around 2200 taps running to a 1200 gallon tank. My thoughts are putting the guzzler in between the tank and sugar house and powering it with a small generator .
    30x8 leader inferno
    1800 on a liquid ring pump
    250 on a guzzler
    100 on a shurflo

I think the guzzler might be able to pull the sap the whole way up?? I'm not sure about that though. Would be great if true, cause then you don't need to worry about a generator. Also you could set something up to keep the guzzler from freezing easier if it's in your sugar house. I'm thinking of doing a similar setup, but I just need to do more research to see if it will work like I want it to or not. I'm starting another thread in a minute with more info on what I am thinking about doing.
    More taps than the year before. Bigger shack than the year before. Leader Patriot 2x6 w/hood. 3-post Dolly, but still too much sap and not enough wood or time.
    www.wickedsappy.com

In my experience with suction lift type pumps you can pull liquid up about 20 feet but the least little leak and it will not work. You would be best to have the pump within 5 vertical feet of the tank.
    Smoky Lake 2x6 dropflu pans and hoods on homemade arch
    Smoky Lake 6 gallon water jacked bottler
    Concentric Exhaust
    250 Deer Run RO
    325 taps

Pulling up 25' is near impossible. Move the pump closer to the tank, they push very well.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread