+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2019 Missouri Tapping Season

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye gold View Post
    Now there's a man with his priorities in line. I'm in Ohio instead of Missouri, but I'm all in on turkey season and Saugeye/Walleye fishing for the spring with some mushroom hunting thrown in. I usually hunt 2-3 states, but I've never hunted Missouri.

Here's a chuckle.....I shot one of my 3/16th laterals last spring shooting a gobbler
    That's funny! I sure don't fish like I used to, but I usually get in a fair amount of mushroom hunting, too, as that conincides perfectly with scouting for youth season. I've got 4 kids that are itching to chase the thunderchickens this year. I also try to hunt at least one other state, but it's hard to get time off as a teacher before seasons end. I will say that our turkey hunting is great here, but my shots are usually into the fields, so I shouldn't have to worry about damaging the maple lines!
    Now I have an outdoor hobby for all 12 months. Like I need anything more to do
    About 1000 taps on gravity tubing, MicRO2 RO, 2.5 X 8 Leader King, and a 1953 Willys Jeep to run around the maple woods with.
    http://www.gihringfamilyfarm.com/

Hello Unclejohn, I am just south of 44 at Elm. Although I live in Webster, my trees and evaporater are in the New Melle area. Went to a 4 pan setup this year to increase my evap rate, simple arch but got to around 8-9 gal/hr after the fire gets really hot. Trying to get some pics to post but have a problem getting anything to work. I'll have to keep playing around with this and eventually something will stick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OmannMaple
    45 taps
    Tubes and buckets
    Block arch and buffet pans

Hi Omann I can see the foto of your evaporator, kinda looks like mine. except I use a metal flue instead of square blocks. The old barn in the background is rather attractive in the photo, too. I will private message you on Maple Trader. Im trying to build a network of Missouri syrup producers and would like to get your email or phone number. Maybe there will be a meeting of syrup producers this spring or summer. Thanks. Uncle John
    2020: 220 trees, most smaller than 20" diameter, made 25 gallons
    remote location in western Cole County
    5/16" plastic spiles, drain into plastic buckets or sapsaks
    haul sap out of woods using atv & trailer
    wood-fired pans on concrete blocks
    one Leader Half Pint 24 x 33" plus 24 x 30 ss pan from a junkyard
    cook batch process then finish in the kitchen;
    we dont sell our syrup; its for family & friends
    see website www.mosyrup.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678