I've had a busy weekend. I finished the evaporator yesterday which added another 5 gallons to the total. The official total for 2019 is 175 gallons. To put that into perspective I made 191.5 gallons in 2018 and 182 gallons in 2017 with the same number of taps. I'd have to dig out my maple notebook to see what I did in 2016 but it was in the upper 170's. I only used a little over 1.5 cords of wood this year to make my syrup. Most of that was on Maple weekend.

I made a lot of Dark this year and had none on the shelves so yesterday afternoon I jugged up 15 gallons to fill my shelves and to fill some orders. This afternoon I coded and labeled the syrup and stocked the shelves. The shelves are full now so I'm not going to have to jug up any for a while now.

I cleaned out the RO room so that I had some room to jug the syrup and stock the shelves. All of that stuff went into the evaporator room so now I've got a bigger mess in there. It will all get cleaned soon though.

I got all of my taps pulled this morning so the trees can start healing. I also started the second wash on the RO when I came in for the night.