+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virginia Beach here we go

Looks slick!! Be awesome to see the steam rise from that open tall peak!!

Sugarbug, my oldest daughter lived near there, in Newport News years ago. I hope you can make some syrup, I didn't think it got that cold down there that close to the ocean.
    Good luck to you, maybe the recent weather changes may help you get some sap.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

so far this year is a bust, got less than a quart of sap per tree. Last year at this time I had 2 1/2 gallon per tap. Diaphragm pump has not really helped generate any vacuum to help pull when it's a marginal day. Being on flat land I'm definitely needing a vacuum pump for next season.

I have averaged a little over 2 gallons per tap but , its really warm down here right now and I'm afraid its gonna come to an early end. Doing my first boil down tomorrow , 39 gallons raw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12