+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emergency sump pump power

Default Emergency sump pump power

After living off grid 20 years this has been a strange adjustment. Easy to start using more power. Switched out all pur lights right away. New energy efficient appliaces when we remodeled. Our sump pump runs alot. One outage saw me in a panic as the water started pouring out. Getting toi old to handle this. We will be going back to solar. A neighborhood dumbass took out a power pole couple weeks ago. (It's been wonderful though not hearing that jerk gun the loud thing). A young Amish guy nearby is installing systems. I don't want to be caught in a bad situation. We have a pirtable generator. Ron got an inverter and battery to take xare of the sump pump. I will be busy investigating affordable solar.20181208_152809.jpg

Even at my home, being at the bottom of a 1 mile+ hill we need a sump pump, in fact 2, being a duplex we have one on each side and both run off our off grid solar bank. The rest of the house is on grid power but we have those pumps and our entertainment center on solar. Depending on the reading for the battery bank we switch back and forth for the washing machine. Our home solar system is just 1720 watts and the battery bank is 4 x 6V 683AH rolls batteries in the 5000 series. That reminds me, today is battery maintenance day. We do well just servicing them every 3 months and today is the day. It only takes about 30 minutes.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread