+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stainless Weldless spouts

Default Stainless Weldless spouts

I was looking for pots with spouts but the prices were pretty high. I found 30 quart stainless stock pots at ocean State job lot for $30 and grabbed a couple. Then I found these on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Dernord-Stain.../dp/B07CTD56PR

Figured I'd give it a try. They came out really well! I'm going to use one to draw off/filter into and the second for bottling. Fairly cheap alternative to some of the premade units. Boiled some water in them. Both held up great. Bottling will be much easier this year. No more ladle and funnel, finally!

IMG_20181208_132536821.jpg
    IMG_20181208_132543912.jpg
    Last edited by raptorfan85; 12-08-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Jake
    smoky lake 2x6 drop flue SSR on homemade arch
    235 taps on 2 gast 1550s and lappiere releasers
    24x12 sugar house
    2019 Kubota L2501 work horse

that should work well.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Anything is better then the ladle and funnel. Or worse yet, trying to pour 5 gallons of lava hot syrup out of a pot and spilling it on the kitchen floor. The wife was not impressed...
    Jake
    smoky lake 2x6 drop flue SSR on homemade arch
    235 taps on 2 gast 1550s and lappiere releasers
    24x12 sugar house
    2019 Kubota L2501 work horse

That will work fine but you will either want to get a couple of smaller adapters for the final outlet for when you fill smaller containers or just learn to only open the valve part way. If you draw too fast when filling containers you will get bubbles or a foam on the top in the jug or bottle. I doesn't hurt anything but it looks bad. I use 2 in series, a ball valve which gets set to the flow I want and then my second one is an electric, foot operated valve but it could easily be another ball valve. That way you simply adjust the flow with the first one and control on off with the other. When I bought my electric valve (the Hands Free by The Maple Guys) it came with 3 size brass nozzles but I found I liked it better just regulating the ball valve which was just in front of the hands free. Also, you will find it best to adjust the height of the spout in relation to the container being filled to be barely below the outlet.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread