+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Generation Evaporators-Anybody With Experience With One?

Some big factors for pans performing well. 1) The arch design, is it a high efficiency arch, airtight and insulated on the door, air under the fire, grate styled for air. 2) Is it a high output pan, additional flues, maybe a hood. Both companies mentioned here offer these set ups. I personally boil on one of these and it boils at the rate I expect with the pan and arch I have. If you preheat your syrup before it comes into your pan that increases the boiling rate too. Look up which pan it is and you can get these answers.

Update on evaporator—- he decided not to go with the Next Generation model. It was a 4.5 hour drive one way,plus wait time at the border,and then paperwork and who knows what else at border on return,plus fees,and exchange. Closer dealers would not offer same package to him. A big shout out to Leader Evaporator for coming through,they are giving him a 2x4 evaporator with supreme pan,so he has a little crimp area,at a highly discounted price,and our local Leader dealer,Zoeller Maple is taking some off of the price,and I am personally backing him on the rest,which he will pay me back as he is able. He is a very respectful,hardworking kid,which is very very rare these days,actually shows me more respect than my two sons combined.
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

Great to hear. It’s to be able to help someone out to get started in a great hobby/ business
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

Wow Bruce, that's deserves a "shout-out" to you for your kindness and generosity. That kid will never forget what you've done and it's inspirational to the rest of us!
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

Awesome.
    I got started in1993 with ten taps I burrowed from my shop teacher. here I am today still at it.
    And I try to help everyone I can for the simple fact that someone did it for me once .
    25 years sugaring
    2018 191taps. Made 80 gallons
    Two taps to a 5 gallon bucket roadside trees.
    A retired dad to hump buckets and do most of the boiling the great wife that let's me spend lots of time and money.
    New Smokey lake 2×6 raised flue SSR on my own version of the silverplate arch.
    2019 new hood and new preheater concept that worked great.
    306 taps roadside trees

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12