+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Generation Evaporators-Anybody With Experience With One?

Default Next Generation Evaporators-Anybody With Experience With One?

Asking the question for a young neighbor looking to get into a slightly larger and newer boiling process than what he currently has. Saw an ad on Facebook for a 2 x 4 flat pan evaporator with warming pan for a fairly decent price,but I cannot give him an honest answer about quality,durability,and boiling claims. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

I have had a NGMP 2x6 for three years. Started with one flat divided pan ( to save money), but changed to drop flue set the last 2 years. I am very happy with it, and get 25-35 gph. Owner was very accommodating and the evaporator is holding up well

Keith
    2018: 684 taps: 525-3/16" Gr.,159-3/16" Hybrid; Mountain Maple Super Sap Sucker, CDL 600 RO - 131 gal.; retired from WVU in May
    2017: 439 Taps - 3/16" Gravity, Goulds 18GBS15, CDL 2X6 Drop Flue, Wes Fab 7" SB Filter Press, Smokey Lake WJ Bottler - 90 gal.
    2016: 258 Taps - 3/16" Gravity, Honda WX15, NGMP 2X6 Flat Pan, Deer Run 125 RO - 68 gal.
    2015: 20 Taps - Jugs, Turkey Fryer and 2-Burner Stove - 2.5 gal.

Thanks Keith,I see in your profile it lists cdl 2 x6 drop flue. Did the Next Generation flat pan get their advertised boil rate?
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

I don't have one of his evaporators, but I have a 150 gal sap tank from him, very well made, good clean welds and yes, he is good to work with. Great guy!
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I do not know the advertised rate, but I got 10-12 gph.

Keth
    Last edited by WVKeith; 12-08-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    2018: 684 taps: 525-3/16" Gr.,159-3/16" Hybrid; Mountain Maple Super Sap Sucker, CDL 600 RO - 131 gal.; retired from WVU in May
    2017: 439 Taps - 3/16" Gravity, Goulds 18GBS15, CDL 2X6 Drop Flue, Wes Fab 7" SB Filter Press, Smokey Lake WJ Bottler - 90 gal.
    2016: 258 Taps - 3/16" Gravity, Honda WX15, NGMP 2X6 Flat Pan, Deer Run 125 RO - 68 gal.
    2015: 20 Taps - Jugs, Turkey Fryer and 2-Burner Stove - 2.5 gal.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody77 View Post
    Not to change your direction but check out smokey lake maple products they build the finest stuff on the market their evap rates are huge products look amazing cost is very fair. And they build custom replacements.
    Question for you... Do you have data to support your clams? Just making sure you are not a spammer is all.
    Last edited by FDA; 01-06-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LasermanGB View Post
    +1 for Smoky Lake. Smoky Lake is the best evaporator in the business, at least in 2'x6' and smaller. The customer service is too notch and they have a huge inventory or rigs in all sizes.
    Speaking of spammers... Glad to see you have only one post that doesn't contain smoky lake in the context. I know, I know I need to contribute to the good of this forum. Sorry folks....

Quote Originally Posted by Woody77 View Post
    yes I do I have a 2×6 that got a solid 50 GPH without a preheater or a proper hood. I'd tell you to go to my thread an look at all of the other post from owners that responded to it over the last 3 years but it was taken down by the administrator. Because it mentioned smokey lake .apparently a thread that helped me and who knows how many others can't be on this forum though.
    I think everyone involved needs to just get over it and move on . high school was years ago.
    Taken down because it mentioned smokey lake or because the " other owners " were actually Jim from smokey lake pretending to be an owner of a smokey lake product posting bogus info on the thread? Like you said high school was years ago and its hard to tell who you are REALLY talking to on these forums. Amazing what some people will do these days to make a buck! This will be the last I will post on this thread. I apologize to the OP that Jim tried to hijack your thread desperately trying to sell your friend a piece of equipment. Next Gen makes a really nice evaporator, he'll love it!
    Last edited by FDA; 01-12-2019 at 07:54 PM.

wow FDA or homever you sure have a case of little man syndrome! Get passed it and let the rest of us enjoy this site

Another thread ruined because people can’t stay on the Question asked by the Original Poster. He specifically asked about one company’s product and a few members who can’t let go brand bashing have turned this thread into their own personal platform. Stick to answering the OP’s question or don’t answer. If you want to promote your own agenda, start your own thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast