+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Association member increase

Default Association member increase

I received my email for nys maple association renewal and noticed it is up $15.00 what is the reason?
    Thanks
    3x12 D&G Champion, 1100 taps w/27" of vac.New in 2013 600gph RO. 10 buckets for the kids.

The costs associated with your membership have steadily risen. These costs have been being subsidized by the monies raised at the state level such as the State Fair. Through The Association you are members of IMSI and receive the Maple syrup digest, You are receiving each year at least 4 issues of "The Pipeline", there are publication and mailing costs. There are costs involved in processing your membership (if you renew electronically, these costs are reduced by almost 2/3). I don't have the whole list in front of me so I won't enumerate further and risk making a mistake. The decision was made to increase dues to cover the costs of membership. It was decided to raise the fee the entire amount in one year rather than a few dollars a year over several years. Membership in NYSMP is still a bargain compared to most other Ag organizations, many of which have dues in excess of $100 per year. I wish that we did not have to raise our price as I am sure some members will feel that the costs outweigh the benefits. Hope this helps.

I agree, it is still a bargain.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thompsons Tree Farm makes some great points. The association is a good thing, we like it.
    However, if you're participating in Maple Weekend, the real full cost is $155.00 per year, and not the regular membership cost of 65.00.

To be included in Maple weekend you must be a NY Maple producers assoc. member but the $155 includes all of the advertising to help bring the public to your sugarhouse, plus many other expenses. The $65 is just part of that.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread