+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoky Lake splash gaurds/Thank you Jim

Default Smoky Lake splash gaurds/Thank you Jim

I recently bought a Smoky Lake hybrid pan, and built my own arch to go with it (thread in homemade section). After doing my test boil I found that it boiled so hard that it came right out of the pan at the begining of the flue section. A good problem to have, but a problem none the less. After searching on here I found that some other people had the same problems with hybrid pans when boiling really hard. I sent an email to Jim at smoky lake asking about this issue. He said they had some splash gaurds that they had made for when they boil on their rigs in house. I told him that I would probably end up ordering a set before the season started. Well, about a week after our emails these showed up on my doorstep...

IMG_20181205_175209600_zpswvodjlhh.jpg
    IMG_20181205_175230469_zpssur9ox1x.jpg
    IMG_20181205_175223329_zps5ywxghsk.jpg

As with all their equipment they are great quality and fit perfect. I can't say enough about how great smoky lake is to deal with. When I ordered my pan I placed the order online. When I called a day later angella knew my order as soon as I told her my name. No looking at orders on a computer, just "hi jake, you ordered the 2x4 hybrid pan. It will be on the truck this week for delivery." Just wanted to tell everyone how great they are to deal with and their customer service is amazing and they are willing to help out everyone, not just operations with thousands of taps.

So for anyone else that has a hybrid pan, they do offer splash gaurds that fit right on the pan rail. They slip right over it and fit perfectly.
    smoky lake 2x4 hybrid pan on homemade arch. 60 taps on shurflo

Raptorsfan, I have the same pan and had the same problem. I only needed one guard as he side by the float box wasn't boiling over. You are gonna enjoy that pan. I agree Jim and Angela are a pleasure to work with. They always return calls and emails promptly and have helped with any problem I have encountered.

Ogden and FDA was that enough advertising for you or do you need more to whine about.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Let's keep the conversation pleasant....a low simmer at best. Not a lot of tolerance for poor behavior.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Didn't mean to offend anyone... The guy sent me some free stuff and has been great to deal with. Thought I'd pass it along. Hard to find good customer service anymore.
    smoky lake 2x4 hybrid pan on homemade arch. 60 taps on shurflo

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan85 View Post
    Didn't mean to offend anyone... The guy sent me some free stuff and has been great to deal with. Thought I'd pass it along. Hard to find good customer service anymore.
    No need to worry about it. Most people on here appreciate honest reviews on equipment and manufacturers. I have also had good service from them.
    Smoky Lake 2x6 dropflu pans and hoods on homemade arch
    Smoky Lake 6 gallon water jacked bottler
    Concentric Exhaust
    250 Deer Run RO
    325 taps

Plus 1 for Smoky Lake. They're the best company to work with. I'm lucky enough to live only an hour from them. Jim has personally done a ton for me. He donated equipment to the nature center that I'm involved with. I looked hard at every evaporator dealer that we have in this state. The Corsair that Smoky Lake builds is by far better than any other. Also, the customer service IS top notch. If you work with Jim and Smoky Lake you'll all be very happy.

Also. Their evaporators outperform any other. Watch here. This sold me. https://youtu.be/HQPYXBiGheM

+ Reply to Thread