+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Professional Foresters Insurance Coverage

Default Professional Foresters Insurance Coverage

What insurance should professional foresters have to protect a land owner from timber harvesting encroachment onto an adjoining landowner's property? I.E. If a forester incorrectly defines a harvesting boundary and the logger takes timber from another's property. Errors & Omissions insurance?
    2023 - 2' X 6' Smoky Lake Products "Silverplate" evaporator + Increase taps up to 500
    2022 - 295 Sap Sak taps - Sold sap.
    2017-2021 - Didn't tap.
    2016 - 150 Sap Sak taps - Sold sap.

https://www.larrybohenwebsolutions.com

Ask your insurance agent.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

If your forester doesn't know how to establish boundaries I would fear what my woods would look like. That is a basic skill they better know. Any forester worth their salt establishes boundaries before he marks a single tree. That may be by walking with the owner and verifying by deed and auditor's maps or by survey plats. Other than that basic business liability I would think or a bond. The logger bears final responsibility. All of them I have worked with ( at least responsible ones and honest ) talk to adjoining landowners or verify lines before they cut.

i carry an e&o portion to my general liability. i also require a written contract with my client landowner, in which the client bears responsibility for providing maps of the boundary and/or showing me the location in the field. i also require a written contract between the client and the logger.

there’s more to it in the specific language, but that covers the basic idea.

wally
    NHLPF#279
    member, new hampshire timberland owners association

2x6 g.h. grimm company lightning evaporator. made in rutland vt.

+ Reply to Thread