+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Recomendations

We like the RULE brand bilge pumps 2700 to 3000 GPH for pumping into the truck tank from 40 gallon containers. They plug into the truck power plugs, are quite, light weight, pretty much bullet proof, and almost any gatherer can operate it safely too!
    Regards,
    Chris
    Regards,
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye gold View Post
    I use a bilge pump. I wired a receptacle right from my tractor and I have an extension cord with alligator clips. You can get them from 250 -2000 GPH. Mine is a 1" discharge and I think 750 GPH. I can pump 100 gallons up 8 feet in a few minutes. Just check that the model you get is ok for potable water.
    got a link to one for potable water? id love a sump pump style but i dont think im going to find one that will fit in the top of a 4" tank opening. does the bilge just drop a hose in and sucks it up a few feet? i have outlets on the bottom of them but don't really care to use them if i can just drop a hose in.

I have 250 Gallon tank made for a pick up. I don't know what size the opening is, but my bilge pump goes down into the tank like a sump. I have to turn it a bit side ways but it goes. Bilge pumps all are submersibles. If you want a suction hose you'll have to go with centrifugal pumps. You can get some pretty compact bilges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12