+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The retail market

Default The retail market

Hey all,

I am working on filling orders for stores today and wondering what everyone else gives a discounted percentage to the retail stores for this year. I know that prices are all different in parts of the country, so a percentage would be most helpful also is there a different percentage for syrup vs candies and sugar and cream? Any help would be great
    Thanks

I give 15% on orders under $400 and 20% on over $400, they buy up front. I just on consignment I give 10% off my retail. They are welcome to sell for more than my retail but none do.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Depends on the container for me, 1/2 gallon plastic my retailers are making 20% on, 100-200 ML glass they are making 40%, it reall varies. I want my retailers to make money too so they push my syrup. Around here there is Maple syrup in every store , big small, mom &pops you name it, it has a shelf with syrup, I've even seen snowmobile clubs selling it. You need to find any reasonable angle you can for people to buy from you. We had a coffee shop open recently in town and I went in to see her, she had already bought 2 half gallons of syrup from another store, I have her a quart of Amber and a Quart of Dark, told her everything that I know about syrup Grades and how best to use them. She is now buying over a Gallon every week.

I guess that was a long way of saying educate your sellers as best you can ,the more they know about syrup, the more they are going to be able to sell.

Good luck.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

+ Reply to Thread