+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pulleys

Default pulleys

I am trying to hook up a 75 Delaval vacuum pump to a 5 horse gas engine and wonder what pulleys to use on each? Thanks Vernon

Hi

Go here
    https://www.blocklayer.com/pulley-belteng.aspx

Depending on the rpm you want you can play with pulley sizes. I think you are maxed on your engine but it should work good luck
    Darrell
    Powered by oil fired 3X8 Lapierre cooker
    1478 taps
    330 GPH RO
    H20 Auto Drawoff
    10" cdl Filter Press
    2 adult kids
    Dog
    "memories of the old way"
    Kioti CK27
    Www.halladaymaple.ca

With that set up you may even need a double pulley and belts to get the belt not to slip. I had to do that running a 6.5 HP gas engine for an Alamo 75.
    Find out what RPM you need to get the vacuum you need then do the math to find the pulley sizes. On my set up I found that with a 2.75" drive pulley and a 10" driven pulley I got too much slippage and with a 3" drive pulley I didn't have enough power to get more than 16" vacuum. Then I added the second belt and I could get 22-23" vacuum.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thanks for the info.. Sure is useful stuff. Vernon

+ Reply to Thread