+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maple Syrup Producers of CT meeting

Default Maple Syrup Producers of CT meeting

Just a reminder that the fall meeting will be held at the Mansfield Middle School on November 10th. Several great presenters are lined up and as always we will have coffee and donuts to start the day and lunch. Great chance to meet some of the vendors, place those last minute orders and get together with old and new friends. Hope to see you there.
    700 taps, Smoky Lake 2x6 drop flu, 2 post RO. 16x20 Sugar House

If I can break free, I understand this Saturday, 1/19/19 is a meeting? Never been before.
    2014 Year 1, 1 large front yard shade tree with 3 taps - 3 quarts of the best syrup I ever had.
    2015 - Convince In-laws and Neighbors, bought F-150 and bricks. 20 taps, 4 gallons in pretty bottles.
    2016 -- More friends and neighbors, should add another 20 +, built temporary shelter as sugar shack. F150 traded for Ram 2500. Big Blue new barrels for 116 gal storage. 8 gallons Syrup.
    2017 - Mortared Brick Arch with serving pans, no make that an 18 x 48 CDL divided flat pan, 48 taps.

Yes the meeting is Saturday 19 January. It is being held at Lyman Memorial High School in Lebanon. The address is 917 Exeter Rd. Lots of great workshops and presenters. A great group of sugar makers that are willing to share their experience. Well worth the trip and the membership fee.

I will plan to go, have not been before. Does anyone know what vendors will be there? I know Daryl Sheets will, he will be demonstrating the filter press. But are there people selling miscellaneous supplies, like bottles, caps, etc?
    2014 Year 1, 1 large front yard shade tree with 3 taps - 3 quarts of the best syrup I ever had.
    2015 - Convince In-laws and Neighbors, bought F-150 and bricks. 20 taps, 4 gallons in pretty bottles.
    2016 -- More friends and neighbors, should add another 20 +, built temporary shelter as sugar shack. F150 traded for Ram 2500. Big Blue new barrels for 116 gal storage. 8 gallons Syrup.
    2017 - Mortared Brick Arch with serving pans, no make that an 18 x 48 CDL divided flat pan, 48 taps.

Lamoths will be there, Norms is there. I believe Leader, CDL and another brand of product is there 4-6 vendors. typically have all our needs covered. if you need something special or extra, call ROb or Norm and they will bring it

Bosworth pumps and Next Gen (depending on the weather up north) will also be there. Not sure if anyone will have jugs/bottles there but a couple of the vendors are here in CT and have them at their stores. If you talk with them I am sure they can help you out.

+ Reply to Thread