+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WesFab short bank fitting size

Default WesFab short bank fitting size

Does anyone know the thread size for a Wesab 7 inch short bank? I would like to purchase some quick fitting for mine.

Thanks
    2022 - 157 taps, 40 gallons of syrup
    2021 - 171 taps buckets and tubing, 41 gallons of syrup
    2020 - 225 taps bags and tubing, 45 gallons of syrup
    2019 - 180 taps buckets and bags, 50 gallons of syrup
    Lapierre 2x8 Vision with reverse flow, hood & preheater
    Leader Micro2 RO
    Lapierre 10" short bank press

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I have the same press and I have all 1/2" plumbing on mine. Make sure you buy a few caps and plugs so you can plug the hoses when your shutting down. I would get about 50 fittings because you will have them on everything. Are you talking Cam-Loc's ?

Yes cam locks. I'll get 1/2 inch ones.
    Leader Micro2 RO

I encourage you to also buy a few replacement gaskets for every size cam loc you use. They seem to leak after a while and a new gasket brings them right back to proper performance.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thanks for the info. I placed my order last night for the cam locks. My filter press did not come with any hose because it was used. Can I get some advice on what length of hose to purchase so I can cut into the various lengths and get this up and running.

Thanks in advance.
    Leader Micro2 RO

I wouldn't hazard a guess. Many variables.
    1. Where will the filter set in relation to the pump?
    2. where are you pumping from?
    3. where are you pumping to?
    For mine, I feed it with 1" silicone hose, from my draw off tank to my filter press (likely 15')
    That feeds the pump, but it is not filtered then, I pump it using the filter press pump to my finisher thru about 10' of 3/4" hose. Then when I have enough to fill a barrel, I bring the temperature up from medium hot to 205-210F, draw about 3-4 gal into my mixing tank. Then I add the filter aid, stir it well and then I open a valve in the line from there to the pump (it tees into the line from the draw off tank, each has a ball valve to shut off what is not being used). Then it flows back thru the pump and returns to the mix than using the same 3/4" hose that filled the finisher. After a minute running I then open the valve that feeds the filter and close the valve that recirculates back to the mix tank. Then out of the filter another 3/4" silicone hose returns it to the mix tank only until it looks crystal clear, at which time I open the bypass valve, close the filter valve and either hook it to the bottler or to a SS barrel. If to the barrel I use an overflow hook up which when the barrel is full, syrup flows to a SS pot or a second barrel. If a second barrel, I hook another over flow to it and then to a pot. I can only fill up to two that way.
    My hoses, the hose from evaporator draw off tank to pump is silicone, the bypass hose is always open discharge and only needs to be braided nylon, the hose from the pump to the filter needs to be rated for at least 100 PSI at 212F ands the hose from the filter can either be braid re-enforced vinyl or silicone, it will always be open discharge. My fittings are all tri-clover type SS with silicone gaskets. The draw off tank to the pump is just clamped onto a barbed SS fitting. At the pump I have another clamp, then a tri-clover. That way I can feed from the draw off tank (or the mixing tank) or I can disconnect that from the pump, change to another hose I have that has a tri-clover on one end and a length of 1" PVC pipe on the other, to reach to the bottom of a barrel, I use to pump from a barrel and transfer it to the finisher. I also have a tri-clover at both the pump outlet, one for recirculation (or transferring) and one to the filter. Those are just to aid in cleaning everything.
    Now you need to figure what your arrangement will be and what the distances will be. On suction I suggest a hose that will not collapse with suction on it and hot syrup in it. For after the pump a braid re-enforced vinyl works fine for open discharge, but between the pump and the filter it needs both temperature rating and at least 100 psi at 212F. My hoses are all 1" for suction, 3/4" re-circulation, 1/2 from pump to filter and 1/2 from filter to canner or barrels.
    Last edited by maple flats; 11-07-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread