+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CDL 600 wiring

Default CDL 600 wiring

Hey guys,
    We're hooking up a new cdl 600 expandable. What gauge wire do you use? What amp breaker? Anybody got experience with these? Looking for input
    Thanks
    Matras Maple

Started 15 years ago as backyard operation.
    Now have a 1325 taps and growing.
    Boiling on a 2.5x8 leader infurno with steamaway.
    New for 2019 a cdl 600 expandable RO, another bush on vac.

Not to be a dink but doesn't it say the amps required in to the book? Specs available online?
    Jared

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I went with a 50 amp breaker on my unit and I just talked to my dealer (Roth Sugar Bush) and he said 50 for the new ones.

When in doubt you can look at the factory plug and they will be rated by the style. 30-40-50 its right on the plug and the configuration will tell you.

This doesnt have any wire or plug coming out of the control box. They expect you to wire it right into the control box...
    Matras Maple

I talked to the CDL dealer and he said 50 AMP mine had a plug so you can get a 50 amp plug set up at Home Depot. Make your own with a plug socket and wire just match them all up. I have mine so I can unplug and move it when I clean. That is why I have plumbing unions and plugs on all equipment. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Haynes Forest Products View Post
    I talked to the CDL dealer and he said 50 AMP mine had a plug so you can get a 50 amp plug set up at Home Depot. Make your own with a plug socket and wire just match them all up. I have mine so I can unplug and move it when I clean. That is why I have plumbing unions and plugs on all equipment. Good luck.
    You using 10 ga. wire?
    Matras Maple

14 for 15 amp
    12 for 20
    10 for 30
    8 for 40
    6 for 50
    Copper wire

Those gauges are all if the power is being run from less than 100' from the box. If farther go 1 size bigger, for example use 10 ga for 20A and 8 ga for 30A and so forth. While the difference is just a slight voltage drop in a longer run, that drop actually costs you more every day you use that power and if the drop is too high it can hurt the life of the motors.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

who did you get this from? CDL requires the person who sells anything, makes sure the customer knows what to do. CDL also requires them to help you with start up and test run.
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast