+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FDA Registration and a few other agencies.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Default FDA Registration and a few other agencies.

So they want us to register with the FDA OK that fine BUT turns out that the FDA will be sharing the information with the IRS and Department of labor. Now I don't worry when helicopters fly over my house and I threw all my tin foil hats out years ago. BUT when I see how complicated the form the state sends me for being a licensed maple producer it makes my head spin. I know I know its information that they need to have to make my life easier.

I can only imagine how this little document is going to read. OK now let me see where did I put those receipts from 1987???

I am getting out of the bulk syrup thing so I dont have to deal with that crap.
    1000 taps on vac down to 100+ buckets 99% sugars
    2x5 SL Hi-Output Raised Flue Corsair evaporator
    SL Short bank press with CDL diaphragm pump
    Leader Micro 1 RO for 2024
    Constantly changing
    2010:36 gal 2011:126 gal 2012:81 gal 2013:248 gal 2014: 329.5 gal 2015:305 gal 2016:316 gal 2017:258 gal 2018:147 gal 2019:91 gal 2020:30 gal 2021:30 gal 2023:50 gal Total since 2010: 2047.5 gal
    Tapping the same trees my great, great and great grandfathers tapped.

I've been flying under the radar for years. As far as the IRS is concerned it's a hobby, not a business. I didn't and won't register with the FDA. If I can't find a buyer for my bulk syrup I'll just have to put more effort into selling it retail.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Haynes Forest Products View Post
    So they want us to register with the FDA OK that fine BUT turns out that the FDA will be sharing the information with the IRS and Department of labor. Now I don't worry when helicopters fly over my house and I threw all my tin foil hats out years ago. BUT when I see how complicated the form the state sends me for being a licensed maple producer it makes my head spin. I know I know its information that they need to have to make my life easier.

I can only imagine how this little document is going to read. OK now let me see where did I put those receipts from 1987???
    Do you have a reference from the FDA stating that? It's not like they collect financial or labor information.

In terms of receipts from 1987, I don't think that they can go back further than 7 years and then only if they have evidence to modify your return.
    About 300 taps
    2'x6' air tight arch
    Semi complete 12'x24' sugarhouse in Somers, CT
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/CapturedNature
    My eBook: Making Maple Syrup in your Backyard

Don’t worry about Chuck, he wears a tin foil hat.........but that’s why we like him! Lol
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

+ Reply to Thread