+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Airblo vacuum pump questions

Default Airblo vacuum pump questions

I have a airblo 15 cfm vacuum pump I bought used . Where do i add oil to it and should I put some directly in the pump .
    https://www.facebook.com/Hollow-Poin...3009137645393/

4th year 2018
    new sugar house 21x36 fully insulated and heated
    600 on 3/16 pipe
    new r/o
    new filter press
    new auto draw off

3rd year 2017
    150 on 3/16 pipe
    300 on buckets

second year 2016
    325 taps on buckets
    new 900 polaris sap hauler on tracks

first year 2015
    400 acres
    150 taps on buckets
    new CDL Hobby special
    12 x 20 sugar sack
    Argo Sap hauler
    looking to have fun!

If it needs oil just add it to reclaimer. There should be a sight tube on side of reclaimer. Fill it half way up that. Pump should already have oil in it.
    Neil

I would assume your pump has a 1.5 horsepower motor with a 302 pump head. Just a fyi if you ever need more cfms you can go to a 3hp motor with a double belt on that same pump head and double the cfms to 30. Pretty inexpensive way to gain that many cfms. They are a good pump. Move lots of air and pretty forgiving on leaks

Quote Originally Posted by Walling's Maple Syrup View Post
    I would assume your pump has a 1.5 horsepower motor with a 302 pump head. Just a fyi if you ever need more cfms you can go to a 3hp motor with a double belt on that same pump head and double the cfms to 30. Pretty inexpensive way to gain that many cfms. They are a good pump. Move lots of air and pretty forgiving on leaks
    Thank you .

It has oil in it I thought I should change it . Should the pump be taken apart and cleaned ?

Thanks for the help first year with big vacuum .

Greg
    https://www.facebook.com/Hollow-Poin...3009137645393/

4th year 2018
    new sugar house 21x36 fully insulated and heated
    600 on 3/16 pipe
    new r/o
    new filter press
    new auto draw off

3rd year 2017
    150 on 3/16 pipe
    300 on buckets

second year 2016
    325 taps on buckets
    new 900 polaris sap hauler on tracks

first year 2015
    400 acres
    150 taps on buckets
    new CDL Hobby special
    12 x 20 sugar sack
    Argo Sap hauler
    looking to have fun!

It's hard to tell the history of the pump, but under normal cicumstances I would just drain reclaimer and fill back up with new oil. These pumps do create condensation so during the season, i would recommend draining water off bottom of reclaimer on a daily basis.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

If your reclaiming the used oil then your accumulating the contaminants back into the pump. Sap that gets sucked into a releaser will allow some moisture to enter the pump. That moisture will condense into the warm oil. Allowing it to sit in the pump during the off season can cause rusting of the internal parts. I would drain the oil at the end of the season and allow it to drain completely. Giving it a quick spin will also help evacuate all the old oil.

'You will also have a certain sugar content in your old oil that can concentrate over time sticking moving parts. Have had it cause my vane dairy pumps and dry van Gast pumps stick causing the motors to trip the breaker. Oil won't clean sugar from the inside of the pump only water based cleaners so keep it clean. Oil is cheap.
    Last edited by Haynes Forest Products; 09-30-2018 at 11:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread