+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New guy from Ontario Canada

Default New guy from Ontario Canada

Hello everyone just wanted to say hello from colborne Ontario Canada. Last year was my first year for this new adventure. I tapped 23 trees and boiled 1000 litres of sap. Used a 2x2 pan on open fire. Was not very efficient but was a lot of fun but also a lot of work. Looking to make things more efficient so I’m turning an old wood stove into a maple syrup arch. Also going to burn slab wood instead of old skids. Lots of questions but will post in appropriate spots. Looking to learn some things from you veterans. Thanks Adam

Welcome to the addiction of maple syrup! Lots of great people and questions on here. The only stupid question is the one not asked.
    Steve

2x8 Mason drop tube evaporator
    420 Taps
    3 surflo pumps on 5/16
    79 gallons of syrup made
    New kitchen addition to sap house
    400 taps
    52 gallons syrup made

Welcome to the site.

Spud

Welcome, and ask all you want. Then after you get the answers, sift thru them to decide which is best for you, seldom if ever will we all agree.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Does your wife know your on this site? Welcome

+ Reply to Thread