+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cupola Design

Quote Originally Posted by HondoLane View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I like how the doors are hinged. Do you have any photos of the stack and roof jack. I’m thinking I want to go out through the peak and want to see how it is on the inside and up on the roof.
    Due to the fact that we do not have a ridge beam - rafters are connected at the top with wood pegged mortise and tenons - installing the stack was pretty straight forward.
    I just cut out the 2X8 roof decking between rafters and ran it up through the opening and into the roof jack.
    The roof jack was from Leader and matched the 12/12 pitch of the roof.

First picture shows the stack going up through the roof and into the roof jack.
    Second shows the ceramic blanket with a metal cover to protect the roof area.
    Third is a picture of what our roof jack looks like from Leader's site.

DSC03517.jpg

DSC03597.jpg

roof jack.jpg

Hope this is helpful. John
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

Are my eyes playing a trick on me, or do you have an offset just before entering the roof jack?
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

He had to get between the beams.
    2016 - helped at afriend with a small operation, 300+ taps. = hooked
    2017 - 20 taps @ home, 1 gal @ home on propane, then hauled to friends operation
    Bought a whole shack locally, with a Leader 1/2 Pint, moved it home
    2018 - 50 taps, 9 on 3/16 gravity and 41 pails -14 gallons of good sweet stuff
    2019 - 27 taps, 17 on 3/16 gravity and 10 on pails - 12-3/4 gallons of good sweet stuff (most fun I've had with this hobby)

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    Are my eyes playing a trick on me, or do you have an offset just before entering the roof jack?
    Yes I do Dave. I had Leader fab the last pc of stack so I could clear the rafters. Nice catch
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

I would of needed an offset too, but when I was building my sugarhouse I planned where the smoke stack would be and moved 1 truss over 6" so the stack goes straight up thru.
    Then I later got new pans and it came with a SS hood. One of the steam stacks was "in the wrong place" so I had them make a SS offset for that steam stack.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123