+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to pull the buckets?!!!

Default Time to pull the buckets?!!!

My wife and I got our buses today for the upcoming school year. She had told me before about an individual producer who still had his buckets on the trees end of June when we quit driving. Went out with her on a trial run this afternoon,she pointed out the bush,sure enough,buckets still on the trees!!!!! These are ( or were) the good aluminum spun buckets,probably ruined by now,as well as the damage to the trees.
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

Certainly have not helped the trees, but I doubt it has hurt the tree very much if at all. The taps have likely healed enough to prevent easy entry into the hole. The buckets at best will have some corrosion, might be worse.
    It is possible the owner got sick or worse, or that they don't know any better.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I was in a woods once where the trees had been cut about an inch above the spout about ten years earlier. Buckets all frozen and busted and strewn all over the woods. Inexplicable but true.
    3,100 taps
    60 cfm flood
    HC2
    5 by 14 oil

Brian

+ Reply to Thread