+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Releaser

Living with 2 mechanical releasers out in the weather going thru freeze and thaw cycles every day for the season over a 14 seasons has been a challenge. Now with remote sensing I can see when it fails due to a simple chunk of ice the size of an ice cube. Any kind of heat will be well worth the investment. If you could get your mother-in-law to spoon with it at night would help with production.
    3X10 Lapiere Waterloo small/CDL raised flue with oil fired homemade steam hood
    1700 taps all on vacuum thru sap ladders
    Smoky Lake auto draw off
    Custom 2X4 finish pan by 3rdgen
    Kubota BX 2370 tractor and Polaris ATV
    CDL Airtech L63
    CDL remote vacuum system sensing.
    2 double Bernard releasers
    Westfab 7" short bank
    More dang tanks and pumps than I can remember
    Yellow dog made from parts named Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by hogisland42 View Post
    I agree with Dr Tim. There is always some left in the bottom and during long freeze ups and the sap gets nasty from the warmth of the heater. I have a quick connect on mine so I can pump it out on ground after sap starts running again to clean it out.
    Thanks for the info everyone. My releaser has a drain on the bottom so all liquid should drain out. As Dr. Tim said there still will be some sap inside the pump itself so heat will be needed. You also mentioned the quick connect fitting. I assume thats right after the check valve where the sap is pumped out of the releaser. That would still leave a little sap in the check valve itself. I wish that had a drain. The check valve and the pump seem to be the two problem areas that need heat. Is this right? Thanks.

Spud

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12