+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Cdl zap bac

Quote Originally Posted by DrTimPerkins View Post
    If anyone is going to use the Zap-Bac or CV system, don't bother in the first year of a new tubing system....the New Drop/New Spout will be enough. Put them on starting in Yr 2.
    Dr. Tim, I thought I remember you saying in a presentation at one of the Open Houses maybe 4 years ago (or I read a publication on PMRC website) that the financial benefit wasn't realized with a CV until year 3. We have been running a normal spout for the first two seasons and then we start CV2s for season 3 and onwards..

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

The precise calculation depends on your yield. Year 1 (new) there is only a slight benefit of the CV. Year 2 is larger, but the economic gain is marginal, but tends to be slightly positive, and depends upon other factors as well (electric releaser vs mechanical releaser, normal sap yield, etc). Year 3+ the economic gain (net profit) is almost always positive.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Letmgo. I to had some problems with my taps. About 5 of them from deer chewing on them and about a dozen or so with other damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTimPerkins View Post
    The precise calculation depends on your yield. Year 1 (new) there is only a slight benefit of the CV. Year 2 is larger, but the economic gain is marginal, but tends to be slightly positive, and depends upon other factors as well (electric releaser vs mechanical releaser, normal sap yield, etc). Year 3+ the economic gain (net profit) is almost always positive.
    Thanks, and thank you also for all you do for the industry and your wealth of knowledge that you generously share.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678