+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cdl zap bac

Default Cdl zap bac

Has any one used cdl zap bac spouts? If so can you share your pros and cons with them. I'm looking into trying some this coming season.

I used them on about 125 taps this past season, however because of health issues I got tapped late and had to finish on 4/13 to clean up everything before I had surgery on 4/18. As of 4/13, my last day to collect sap it was still going strong, but that was only 8 weeks after tapping. Not much of a test yet.
    I plan to use the same taps 1 more season, along with the 75 remaining unused ones and likely 200 more. All of the new ones will be used at my lease to test, I was not able to tap my lease this past season.
    I'm still trying to compare the zap bac with the CV2 for performance. This coming season I will likely have the taps in 2-3 weeks earlier than this past season (due to Dr. instructions until surgery date was set.)
    You might want to ask Mountainvan, he has used them for a few seasons. I visited him and he was the one who sold me on them.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I wonder if they would help on buckets. Would they extend the season a little more than regular spouts?
    Smoky Lake 2x6 dropflu pans and hoods on homemade arch
    Smoky Lake 6 gallon water jacked bottler
    Concentric Exhaust
    250 Deer Run RO
    325 taps

I’ve used the zap bac antimicrobial spiles for several seasons and won’t use anything else. First flow this year was January and last was end of April. Only one piece so nothing to get stuck or gummed up.

do u still change them every year ? or do u get a couple yrs outta them?
    4 by 12 cdl
    Cdl 3 post ro , 4th post waiting to get added
    5 hp sihi vaccum pump, 3/4 hp airblo vaccum pump, gv60 atlas copco vaccum pump www.roundmountainsugarhouse.com.

The full size spiles I’ve used for three years. The adaptors I change each year.

cool i put out 600 of the full size spouts last yr and plan to do another 600 more this yr. if they work there worth the money.
    4 by 12 cdl
    Cdl 3 post ro , 4th post waiting to get added
    5 hp sihi vaccum pump, 3/4 hp airblo vaccum pump, gv60 atlas copco vaccum pump www.roundmountainsugarhouse.com.

So how long have the zap bac been out in the industry?

Been out about 6-7 years. They are good for three as they were designed.cheaper in the long run if used properly
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

Well I took the plunge and ordered 600 of the zap bac. So we will how well they do this coming season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast