+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vane or claw?

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Were not comparing apples to apples The Airtech L63 does 45 CFM and that is crucial when you have a lot of taps over 20 acres. Running 2 releasers with 11 mainlines that all go thru sap ladders. Now I wonder what the cost of a Capco is in that CFM range.

https://www.mapleexperts.com/supplie...y=Vacuum+Pumps

A 42 cfm Atlas Copco is $4300 from mes.
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermaple View Post
    I am looking at air tech vac pumps. I need a high cfm (100 +) pump with low maintenance requirements. Does anyone have advice on a rotary claw stye or vane style ?
    The Atlas Copco GVS 150 has 106 CFMs and runs 29.9HG. The cost of that pump delivered to your house is $7361.00. I'm sure you could get it for less though. The Air Tech is another great pump and and a lot of people like them. It really comes down to money and maintenance.

Spud

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I can say after 2 years with my Airtech that any pump that can give you those kind of numbers is a game changer. Cost is up there but if you change the oil and keep the moisture to a minimum you will not regret the purchase. The nice thing is they run quiet allowing for you to walk the woods listening for the littlest of leaks.

Now the oil is a little spendy at $25.00 a quart..................but I got a feeling someone has a better place.

Thank you all very much for the input. I have done the homework and made a decision. I am going with an Air tech L230. I need lots of cfm because my electric is uphill and 1800 feet away from my releaser. It definitely costs more than the Atlas but I am a big made in the USA guy and believe(hopefully) parts and repair will be easier. My experience in maple is things break, a lot. Now on to other decisions.

I am also going to vacuum this year, on the 3/16 lines we have in one area. I too, have decided on an Air Tech. Mostly from the advice of Fred Arens (goes by Fred here on Trader) good guy, local CDL dealer - and what I’ve read here on Trader. I don’t like to buy things twice.
    May expand to cover all 8 acres soon. Fred says I will pull two times the sap on high vac...just great.
    Now I need to split two times the wood...or buy an RO. It’s a conspiracy I’m convinced.
    Last edited by johnallin; 12-30-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

John you should check out atlas copco, you wont be disapointed.

Glad to hear your going to vacuum john, fred is right your womt be disappointed, probably more like shocked, and would definitely be looking into small r.o. Soon. Good luck

Have you tried piston vacuum pumps, like an Ingersol Rand? There are lots of used, industrial quality, piston pumps.
    Last edited by Lloyd'sMapleSyrupandSap; 04-30-2019 at 05:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12