+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vane or claw?

Were not comparing apples to apples The Airtech L63 does 45 CFM and that is crucial when you have a lot of taps over 20 acres. Running 2 releasers with 11 mainlines that all go thru sap ladders. Now I wonder what the cost of a Capco is in that CFM range.

https://www.mapleexperts.com/supplie...y=Vacuum+Pumps

A 42 cfm Atlas Copco is $4300 from mes.
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermaple View Post
    I am looking at air tech vac pumps. I need a high cfm (100 +) pump with low maintenance requirements. Does anyone have advice on a rotary claw stye or vane style ?
    The Atlas Copco GVS 150 has 106 CFMs and runs 29.9HG. The cost of that pump delivered to your house is $7361.00. I'm sure you could get it for less though. The Air Tech is another great pump and and a lot of people like them. It really comes down to money and maintenance.

Spud

I can say after 2 years with my Airtech that any pump that can give you those kind of numbers is a game changer. Cost is up there but if you change the oil and keep the moisture to a minimum you will not regret the purchase. The nice thing is they run quiet allowing for you to walk the woods listening for the littlest of leaks.

Now the oil is a little spendy at $25.00 a quart..................but I got a feeling someone has a better place.

Thank you all very much for the input. I have done the homework and made a decision. I am going with an Air tech L230. I need lots of cfm because my electric is uphill and 1800 feet away from my releaser. It definitely costs more than the Atlas but I am a big made in the USA guy and believe(hopefully) parts and repair will be easier. My experience in maple is things break, a lot. Now on to other decisions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12