+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning Back Side of Wood Fired Pans

I was looking for experience using Walnut shells in a blaster or similar material to clean up the pans. I was not looking for criticism on wether my fire is burning correctly or how you never clean your pans. I specifically said I was not looking to try Oven Cleaner again. It makes me wonder if some of you actually read the original questions asked in these posts.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    225 Sugar Maples Currently,(105 on 3/16" and 110 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 10 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

Sorry, BAP. No disrespect intended, just some hot (now cold) stove talk about how people deal with the undersides of their flues. It's a slow time on the Trader.

I don't have any experience with walnut casings, but the upside to people chiming in is it gives the thread a bump, so eventually someone who has tried walnut casings will see the topic.

And, Haynes' stories always make me laugh.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Something north of 200 taps
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 125 RO
    6 hives of bees
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    Did the plastic beads leave any marks?
    No,,, really didn't get all of the carbon off. Left a slight black tinge of carbon. Now I had made a power scrubber by tying,,,, sewing,,, green Scotch Brite pads to a limber piece of wood,,, about like a yard stick and and almost as long and then taped to a saw-all blade and used saw-all. Have to have a limber stick so not to get too rough on thin metal Works good in between flues. I have drop flues so probably not going to work very well on raised flues back in ends of flues
    2012 200 taps on buckets,,, Built me a 2' X 11' arch,,, hope to put most on tubing next year.

2011 100 taps on buckets, 30x 60 flat pan

2009 63 taps on buckets,,,, 30x60 flat pan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12