+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preheater.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

That should work just fine and get you a lot of heat to the sap. Now just a few concerns. Will the sap be always flowing up and across without going down hill.........so to speak. You sould also make sure you clean the inside real well to get the flux out. and lastly don't ever run the rig without liquid in the preheater because the solder will melt.

Flow is uphill. I plan to always have sap flowing when the preheater is on the stack. Easily removed when no flow. Any suggestions for cleaning flux from the inside of the pipe?
    2012 3 1/2 gallons on a block arch. 25 buckets.
    2017 44 gallons on a Homemade 2x6 arch. 170 taps all on 3/16" tubing.
    2019 62 gallons on 200 taps on 3/16” tubing.

I don't and always worried about getting it all out. I would assume there is some sort of acid that will get it all. I didn't use the water soluble stuff the first time I made one

Just my guess, but I suggest you run hot water thru with pressure, like 190+ hot. Pump it in both directions. Repeat shortly before the season starts.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Copper pipe is Antibacterial BUT if you store it with some sap in it over the summer it will turn into the green glob that ate New York. Like Dave said power wash the thing with turbulence before and after the season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12