+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to connect 4x40 piping membranes for most efficiency?

Default How to connect 4x40 piping membranes for most efficiency?

I picked up a couple 4x40 membranes from MES in New Hampshire and he had a RO set up like I have, except the piping looks a lot neater then what I did with mine. I should have taken a picture. He had the two outlets on top and the single on the bottom. Anyone set up this way that could share there set up. Thanks Vernon
    Last edited by maple cove; 06-29-2018 at 02:21 AM.

If you liked his, just call and ask. MES will tell you.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Send him a message ans got back... hook up in series ? What I am looking for is what hose goes where? High pressure to.... and so forth? Thanks Vernon

If plumbed in series. The feed line to the first membrane from the high pressure pump will go to the outside port on the pressure vessel. The centre port is the permeate port. Whatever end you want to discharge the permeate from you will need to plug the opposite port with a threaded plug. Both permeate ports on the 2 pressure vessels get teed together and become your permeate out line and can be plumbed to a flow meter. The outside port on the first vessel on the other end from where the feed comes in is the feed line to your next vessel. Take this line and run it to the second vessels outside port. The opposite ports from that on the other end will be your concentrate out line and can be run through a flowmeter also.
    Way easier to understand this with a drawing I'm sure there is one on this site somewhere. I'll have a look to find a good one.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

Thank you Bricklayer.. I have been looking for a drawing also but your reply will sure help.

+ Reply to Thread