Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What happened to tin_mans thread

Jim Schumacher Guest

In the original post, the original post from the username "tin_man" claimed that they received a 2'x8' evaporator in a crate...

Guess what people, it's Monday and my office staff is in. So is the shipping department. In 2017, nor in 2018, did a single 2'x8' Evaporator leave our facility in a crate. Every one of them was shipped with our own trucks or with our private carrier, NEVER crated.

Username "tin_man" claimed to have talked to Jennie, our accountant and receptionist last week about broken and missing pieces, claiming she told "them" that Angela and I are "on vacation".

I confirmed with Jennie, immediately last week, that no such person called. I also confirmed that Jennie never told anyone that Angela and I were "on vacation".

In the original post, username "tin_man" claimed that I told him that I'm waiting for material from Home Depot to build a crate...

I've never bought a piece of lumber from a Home Depot and Smoky Lake hasn't built a crate in house for over four years.

In the original post from username "tin_man", I told them I couldn't find their info, please email me.....

username, "tin_man" openly said that they "don't want to share who I am".... come on people.

There are a dozen or more other "oppositions to the truth" that I can prove, most of them are apparent. You know what though? When I read that original post, even I thought it was real. Even I thought that somehow an underserved customer slipped through from last season, despite our relentless efforts to serve every person that we could, despite never ever having to look over my shoulder my entire life.

So, username "tin_man" . Here's your last chance. Prove yourself. Prove that you're a Smoky Lake customer who bought a faulty 2'x8' last season with unresolved service issues. Prove at least half of the claims you made in you original post. You said that we've emailed on several occasions, how about a quick screenshot of a conversation regarding this transaction? You said that you started a claim with the shipping company (something that the receiver cannot do, only the sender can create a claim for damaged goods, no exceptions). To create this claim, the first thing the shipping company needs is pictures of the full crate and picutres of the damage. I don't see why you would object to sharing these pictures, post them please.

The reason I didn't want the last thread to be removed is because of an excellent tidbit of knowledge I received from my most recent employer. Right out of high school, and even during my senior year, I worked in an apprenticeship to become a journeyman, eventually master, plumber in addition to working at a machine shop on the side. My boss at the plumbing shop was an excellent mentor, he gave me my own service truck at a very young age and so early in my plumbing career that it was barely legal for me to be working on my own. I worked directly with customers, often a dozen per day. Most were very happy, but naturally some were not fully satisfied. Calvin tought me to always call on the ones that were left than satisfied, no matter how awkward it may be, because when you correct and issue with a customer who was formally dissatisfied, they will be your most loyal of clients forever forward. I've found this lesson to be 100% true through my entire life.

That doesn't work when the customer isn't amicable, or is fictional.

Jim Schumacher Guest

Keep in mind, I WANT username tin_man to prove me wrong. I'd rather have a customer that I can help than to believe that someone would pull a stunt like this. But even if I'm proven wrong the motive for this user to start a membership here still needs to be examined. This username's reasons to push it to this point has to be examined. His reasons for not reaching me during this interim perplex me. Why I didn't receive a call from such an "exasperated customer" while I personally handled the phones for two months after the season make me wonder why this is now here, there would of course be a reason which would then need to be uncovered.

I just don't know. We shall see.

Tin_Man Guest

Okay, I'm going to start replying to what was said in the above post. Luck for once is on my side, I saved copies of every email I had with you-know who. I also have pics documenting items. I also have email where I was told what's-his name is on vacation. This is going to take me some time, there is personal info in the emails and phone records that s not for public consumption. I'm going to have to print out email, redact what I don't want made public then take a pic of the redacted email before I post it.

Here's my dilemma...I have no good reason to prove to anyone that my claims are true, I stand nothing to gain but have a lot to loose. If I drop the whole issue it makes me look like I'm a troll or spammer but that doesn't affect me only my pride. If my profile gets deleted I'm no worse for wear. If I do post pictures of my system, post copies of my phone records and email correspondence, what's-his-name will know who I am and I still need several items from this company that I've already paid for that don't fit correctly and the damaged items. It would be very easy for him to drop me like a hot potato. This is a monetary loss. I have to weigh the possibility of taking taking a monetary loss against my pride and loosing the respect of the Maple Trader community. The easy way out is to do nothing and don't bother coming back to this forum, the benefit of doing nothing is I can most likely get my system going for next season. I need time to think about this. If anyone can help me make the correct decision I'm willing to listen.

I'll briefly go thru some of the highlights of what's-his names above post.

1. Username "tin_man" claimed to have talked to Jennie, our accountant and receptionist last week about broken and missing pieces, claiming she told "them" that Angela and I are "on vacation".

I confirmed with Jennie, immediately last week, that no such person called. I also confirmed that Jennie never told anyone that Angela and I were "on vacation".

*** I have email & phone records of being told this.

2. In the original post, username "tin_man" claimed that I told him that I'm waiting for material from Home Depot to build a crate...

I've never bought a piece of lumber from a Home Depot and Smoky Lake hasn't built a crate in house for over four years.

**** My original post never said this. What I said in the original post was I was told "The weather is bad and nobody can make it to Home Depot to get the wood to build the crate for my evaporator." This was in a phone conversation with the office manager and I have no written record of the conversation, it was just that...a phone conversation.

3. In the original post from username "tin_man", I told them I couldn't find their info, please email me.....

username, "tin_man" openly said that they "don't want to share who I am".... come on people.

**** No idea where this came from. I still have a copy of my original post that I may repost. When I was writing it I did it on my word processor and I saved a copy. It's easier to compose on the word processor then cut & paste when finished than it is to keep battling forum timeouts.

4.. In the above post you say I said I got a faulty evaporator. I never said that, not even once. I actually went out of my way numerous times to specifically say that I have absolutely no fault with anything I received, my issue was with customer service and the lack thereof.

5. You say that I said started a claim with the shipping company for damaged items. I never said that, what I did say is that I contacted your company regarding damaged items, pictures were sent as your office as I was told to do via email when my system was being shipped. I have these pictures and the associated email.

6. if I'm proven wrong the motive for this user to start a membership here still needs to be examined

****** Do I need a motive to join a forum that pertains to something I'm trying to learn about after I've just spent a lot of money on equipment?? I joined so I could learn what to do, I've never used a professional evaporator in my life, my only experience with making syrup was on a 2 burner camp stove using a SS flat pan I found somewhere at a yard sale years ago. I came here to get info and possibly make some local friends that are involved in the maple industry. I didn't create an account so I can disparage someone or his product, I have better things to do with my time. I'm not a big forum, internet or computer type of person...actually I hate computers and don't understand them in the least. I don't usually post on forums I mainly lurk. This was one of the rare instances I posted on a forum and that was because I needed help. Nothing nefarious about this.

I may repost my original post that was deleted so everyone can reread it. Although I don't have it, it sounds like there's a backup copy of the entire deleted thread stored somewhere on the internet, but it's beyond my computer knowledge how to retrieve it. Maybe someone out there knows how to get it and can post it again.

One last item, I'm 90% positive what's-his-name knows who I am although I can't prove it.....that's why I'm erring on the side of caution and not divulging my identity, there's that 10% uncertainty factor. He's sly like a fox and coyote combined. For reasons known only to him he's trying to act dumb about this which I know he isn't.
    Last edited by Tin_Man; 06-25-2018 at 01:39 PM.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Quote Originally Posted by DrTimPerkins View Post
    Repost your original message from the other thread if you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Man View Post
    The post that started all this was quite lengthy and took me a good amount of of time to write, not sure I want to go thru all that again at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Man View Post
    I still have a copy of my original post that I may repost. When I was writing it I did it on my word processor and I saved a copy. It's easier to compose on the word processor then cut & paste when finished than it is to keep battling forum timeouts.

I may repost my original post that was deleted so everyone can reread it.
    I do not want to take sides in this argument, but I am probably not the only one who views these two statements as being rather inconsistent.

Right now the two of you are in a pissing contest, but all of us are getting wet. I understand some people enjoy that sort of thing, but I'm definitely not one of them and have to assume that most of this group feels the same way.

Tin_Man. If, as you say, you have evidence of these issues, I think the easiest thing at this point would be to call Smoky Lake right now, get your issues resolved, and then report back here how it was fixed or not fixed. I say this not as a defender of SL or Jim or anyone else, but just someone who thinks that this problem will not be resolved by further action on this site. What would be most telling to this group is whether you can finally manage to get it resolved within a few weeks, or not. Seems like both parties have good reason to want to get this behind them at this point. Since SL has no way to contact you Tin_Man, it is up to you to call them.

To give that suggestion a little time to sink in (on both sides), this thread is now locked (but not deleted). If it is resolved within a few weeks, let us know. If it is not resolved, let us know.
    Last edited by DrTimPerkins; 06-25-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234