Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to tin_mans thread

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

I did not remove the thread. In my opinion, the original post was probably not the cause of removal, but the aftermath was. It's too bad to have lost the whole thing, but it had clearly exceeded the rules of this site.

I can tell you from experience that on occasion, things can get a bit heated on the forum. I will also say, not being someone who has been involved or experienced in the world of sales, that I learned some interesting, harsh, and very surprising lessons after the CV came out. It seems that the saying "all is fair..." is very appropriate. As scientists we are trained to have thick skin and to debate ideas with veracity, but that is nothing at all like the world of sales. I think I've learned a bit over the years to not take it so personally, but it sure is difficult not to. You may get a thicker skin, but it still hurts.

Again, personally, I hope that "Tin_Man"'s issue with his SL order is resolved soon and that this serves as a lesson for all involved.

Finally, with this medium of communication it is hard to convey emotion -- good or bad. It is sometimes good to take a step back from the keyboard for a little while and see there is further clarification on a subject, or whether you still react with the same intensity a few hours (or days) later.
    Last edited by DrTimPerkins; 06-24-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Tin_Man Guest

Dr. Tim Perkins....I'm not trying to be argumentative or disrespectful but your statement: "hope that "Tin Man's" issue with his SL order is resolved soon and that this serves as a lesson for all involved" has me wondering what the lesson to be learned here is? About the only lesson I see is that if someone makes a legitimate post about something that one or two people don't like, all the minority has to do is post several crude or disparaging comments and the entire thread is removed. Seems to me like the majority who are trying to learn here are the losers and the minority (trolls & spammers) are the winners. Very similar to whats happening with our society lately.

Let me summarize what I've learned:

1. It's a waste of time and energy to post anything negative about a company, positive posts are allowed.

2. Forums are similar to television networks,....if advertisers hit the networks with removal of advertising dollars the networks will capitulate.

3. If for whatever reason I don't like a particular thread all I have to do is create several profiles and bombard the thread with crude and disparaging comments and the thread will be removed.

4. Friends are are always good to have. The more friends a person has the more leeway that person has and it's much easier to get things done for you, whether right or wrong.

5. Perception is reality. If a person can appear knowledgeable or successful it doesn't matter if they can actually do or provide what they claim.
    Last edited by Tin_Man; 06-24-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

This is what I know My name is Chuck Haynes my Maple Trader name is Haynes Forest Products my phone number is common knowledge. When I do any business I clearly state my name. I answer my phone by stating my name. If I was to call a company with a complaint I make dang sure they know who I am and what the issues are. I would expect to be ignored if I refused to identify myself. Now I know I know you think that Jim should involve the entire office staff trying to identify you. I see some holes in your complaint. You say there was damage to your equipment but you didn't contact the shipper with a claim or they would have notified Jim and there would be an open file. It says right on your packing slip to immediately contact the carrier if there is any damage. Now I have never taken possession of a large item without inspecting the outside before signing the ticket.

Unless your willing to identify yourself by the name you gave Jim when you ordered your pans then I believe you should stop this game your playing that has now involved every person on this site. You may ask what is my interest in all of this? Because My phone is still blowing up from trolls that are in contact with you. I have over 45 texts from XYZ who said you told him your not thru that more is coming. They have only come onto this site to keep the pot boiling. Now its time to crap or get off the pot.

Tin_Man Guest

Haynes Forest Products:

If you are having problems with trolls calling and harassing you that's your problem, don't lay it on me.

Never played any game, all I did was clearly state my case and several people freaked on you or so you say, nobody bothered or harassed me. If anything I made some friends from this site that are local and in the maple industry, I don't consider that a bad thing. They've offered to assist me getting my system up and going for next season, they don't seem like trolls to me.

No idea who this XYZ is, never had any contact with him. Did you ever think that maybe he's harassing you because he knows it's making you crazy? Block his phone number, that will eliminate his texts. Done, issue resolved.

I have no intention of mentioning or discussing my issue with what's-his-name anymore through this site, by telephone, email or text, it's over and done. I've sucked it up & moved on.

You seem intent on dragging a dead horse thru the mud. Let it go.

I have no control of how other people react to my posts or any post. If you're being harassed you have the power to block calls & people and remove people from this site. Do it. Don't blame me for your problem.
    Last edited by Tin_Man; 06-24-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haynes Forest Products View Post

Unless your willing to identify yourself by the name you gave Jim when you ordered your pans ....
    Chuck,I understand what you're saying but, in all fairness, it appears that the poster did try to contact the vendor many times over a fairly lengthy period with no results. I don't see why we need to get up in arms or delete this thread.

It's a simple case of customer service - the customer called and didn't get a return call. The longer it goes the more it starts to look bad for the manufacturer. I don't think Leader, CDL or the others would get by any easier.

Only my 2 cents, but manufacturing is a competitive world and forums such as this - just as in sailing, bee keeping, hunting or whatever - can be a great resource for reviews of a vendor's performance both before and after the sale. I think it's all good and as long as it stays civil could be a wake up call for those involved.
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

Quote Originally Posted by johnallin View Post
    Chuck,I understand what you're saying but, in all fairness, it appears that the poster did try to contact the vendor many times over a fairly lengthy period with no results. I don't see why we need to get up in arms or delete this thread.

It's a simple case of customer service - the customer called and didn't get a return call. The longer it goes the more it starts to look bad for the manufacturer. I don't think Leader, CDL or the others would get by any easier.

Only my 2 cents, but manufacturing is a competitive world and forums such as this - just as in sailing, bee keeping, hunting or whatever - can be a great resource for reviews of a vendor's performance both before and after the sale. I think it's all good and as long as it stays civil could be a wake up call for those involved.

Where's the like button! After 21 years of being self employed myself I couldn't agree more. I run a micky mouse operation and actually talk to 99% of my customers and rarely do I not call a missed call back within the hour. Not trying to be disrespectful but some people are better off working for someone else rather that running a business.
    2x6.5 revolution drop flue homemade arch 2012
    Polaris big boss 6x6, Pug (ultimate utility vehicle) sap haulers
    20 taps 2010 93 taps 2011 ??? taps 2012
    12x18 sugar house
    Jonsered 2156, 2171, Husqvarna 346xp, all 3 saws are ported and polished with heated handlebars, Olympyk 999 for the big stuff.
    Thou shalt not Stihl.
    Favorite Color Polished Stainless Steel

My thought on this matter at this point is that Tin_Man is getting close to being removed from the way he (or she) is handling this matter. As I said, I did not remove it but I was getting ready to. My reason was not the original post but rather the way it became a bashing of a company. That is not allowed regardless of the company and regardless of whether they advertise on this forum or not. It is simply one of the basic rules as pointed out by Dr Tim Perkins.
    Tin_Man, my suggestion to you is to contact the company and request whatever you have a problem in regards to your purchase and secondly to contact the owner of this site, Peter Gregg, because I suspect he deleted the post as I think all of the moderators say they did not do it, and we have no moderators who would hide in the cloak of anonymity.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

John Allin I absolutely agree that customer service is key to keeping customers happy and to growing your business. This thread went beyond a simple post about being unhappy. Its to full of holes from an anonymous poster. I give no credibility to his claims without his real name. At this point he is no better than the Wizard of OZ behind the curtain. Yanking, pulling and cranking behind a curtain. I ain't buying it.

I will fully apologize if I'm proven wrong and everything he says is true until now its just a rant.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Man View Post
    Dr. Tim Perkins....I'm not trying to be argumentative or disrespectful but your statement: "hope that "Tin Man's" issue with his SL order is resolved soon and that this serves as a lesson for all involved" has me wondering what the lesson to be learned here is? About the only lesson I see is that if someone makes a legitimate post about something that one or two people don't like, all the minority has to do is post several crude or disparaging comments and the entire thread is removed.
    Tin_Man,

1. I have not taken any side in this argument.
    2. My “lesson” advice was general and not directed at anyone in particular. Each reader can take whatever lesson they choose.
    3. Re-read the last paragraph of my previous post.
    Last edited by DrTimPerkins; 06-24-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    My thought on this matter at this point is that Tin_Man is getting close to being removed from the way he (or she) is handling this matter. As I said, I did not remove it but I was getting ready to. My reason was not the original post but rather the way it became a bashing of a company. That is not allowed regardless of the company and regardless of whether they advertise on this forum or not. It is simply one of the basic rules as pointed out by Dr Tim Perkins.
    Tin_Man, my suggestion to you is to contact the company and request whatever you have a problem in regards to your purchase and secondly to contact the owner of this site, Peter Gregg, because I suspect he deleted the post as I think all of the moderators say they did not do it, and we have no moderators who would hide in the cloak of anonymity.
    You're going to ban Tin Man? Dang!!!!
    Last edited by xyz5150; 06-24-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    2x6.5 revolution drop flue homemade arch 2012
    Polaris big boss 6x6, Pug (ultimate utility vehicle) sap haulers
    20 taps 2010 93 taps 2011 ??? taps 2012
    12x18 sugar house
    Jonsered 2156, 2171, Husqvarna 346xp, all 3 saws are ported and polished with heated handlebars, Olympyk 999 for the big stuff.
    Thou shalt not Stihl.
    Favorite Color Polished Stainless Steel

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast