+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mainline support post

Default Mainline support post

What are you using for the post to support your mainline I am running 1inch over 1inch wet dry would like information on spacing and post type, cedar, treated,rebar? thanks in advance
    4x12 raised flue
    1600 growing to 2000 taps
    76 Alamo powered by honda

Old telephone poles work great if you can get your hands on some or can find someone who has a few they are willing to sell. We have a 1.5" dry line and 1.25" wet line hanging off 3 poles in a row to span a 400' open area to the sugar sugar shack.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbison View Post
    What are you using for the post to support your mainline I am running 1inch over 1inch wet dry would like information on spacing and post type, cedar, treated,rebar? thanks in advance
    How high off the ground are the mainlines? I use the snow fence stakes from tractor supply. They have 3'-7' stakes. Work great and last forever.
    Neil

Most are 3-4 ft looking at using half inch rebar cheaper than others I have only about a 1percent grade need to eliminate any sags to maintain the grade
    4x12 raised flue

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Advertize on Craig's list that your looking for T posts. I take about a 100 down a year from someone else tree install. Most company's plant tree, get paid never come back and then the customer is left with a tree stake they cant get out of the ground. Buy a T stake puller for $45.00 and become a T post whore and you will find all you need for the price of labor. I charge $15.00 per to remove so you can make money

Treated 2x6 ripped in half. Stake 15-20 feet. Use screws to hang lines from the loop of your tie.
    Jake Moser
    Moser's Maple

2 beautiful little girls
    1 wife that's become her mother

www.facebook.com/mosersmaple

Thanks everyone
    4x12 raised flue

i use 1X4 rough saw hemlock because its cheap and i need a lot of posts. I have several that are set around 16' in the air. I tried using just a screw under the wire and one over the wire. This did not work great. Now i use the metal strapping that plumbers use to hold pipes up, wrap it around the wire and it does not move as the wire is tight to the board. I set mine at 20' due to low slope and it keeps most of the sags out.
    2014 125 taps 16 gallons
    2015 210 taps 49 gallons
    2016 164 taps 75 gallons new 2X6 leader max flue and homemade AOF/AUF arch
    2017 1500 taps 196 gallons RO added additions to building new tap lease
    2018 1588 taps 276 gallons
    upgrades for 2019 season 3 phase vacuum pump, stainless tank in woods, tubing replacement

+ Reply to Thread