+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning your lines on shur flo

I have no idea if what I am doing is best, but I let the peroxide sit for an hour or so, then drain the lines, pull them down. Then I put an air chuck on the lower end and blow them dry with an oil free air compressor, cutting the spiles off since I will be replacing them next year.. Once dry, I store them in clean totes. Way easier to re string them without spiles catching on everything in the spring.
    John
    2x8 Smokylake drop flue with AOF/ AUF
    180 taps on sacks
    75 on 3/16 tubing with shurflo
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Haynes Forest Products Guest

You boys that take down your lines are a special breed. I get mad enough just ripping down old lines and walking them out of the woods. Its amazing how one stupid little smart spout can bring a grown man to a dead stop walking in the woods. Its right up there with having your wife take 10 Bungee cords at Tractor supply and throw them in the empty shopping cart Thanks honey.

There is way to much going on in our woods year round to think of leaving them up. Plus it's only half the bush on tubing and only about 4 acres at that. I agree it's a pain though.
    John
    2x8 Smokylake drop flue with AOF/ AUF
    180 taps on sacks
    75 on 3/16 tubing with shurflo
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota

I'm with Wiam. I pull my taps and let the sap drain out. No cleaning. No problems. My lines don't have any sags to hold sap/moisture so there is no mold. I don't put my taps in the cups either, I let them dangle in the air as I don't want to any moisture vapor in the lines.
    Chad

2014: 12 taps, 5 gal buckets
    2015: 15 taps on bags
    2016: 150 taps: 100 on bags, 50 on 3/16" natural vac, 2x8 AUF/AOF Homebuilt Arch, 2x8 SL Drop Flu & Auto Draw, SL Propane Canner/Bottler
    2017: 225 taps: Built Lean to, Added SL hood, preheater, concentric exhaust, SL SS 7" SB Filter Press
    2018: 180 taps: Added Shurflo to 50 - 3/16", Auto fill sensor to head tank
    2019: No tapping
    2020: 175 taps
    2021: 300 taps, homemade RO and releaser
    2022: 600+ taps

Has anyone tried vinegar/ water solution? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12