I agree with Russel if your not familiar with the working of the type and style of the oil lubricated dairy pump ask any questions you can think of. If all you have is the basic pump without all the correlating equipment you will need some help setting it up. They are a great unit starting out but can have there pitfalls. Remember creating vacuum creates heat and to dissipate heat you need air to cool it. Oil is for lubrication but it also helps cool it. The better you tubing system the less cooling air enters the pump. A vacuum pump a air compressor in reality just like a compressor is a vacuum pump. They are one in the same but designed differently depending what side of the unit your needing.

I know I'm sounding simplistic but its because I have been down this road for a very long time and once you know where you want to travel and how you want to get there your journey will be a little less rocky. We all like to travel in style and money is what makes that happen. I have flown in a few airplanes and I'm trying to to stay out of the cheap seats but I can tell you avoiding the cargo area or the wheel well is and has always been my goal.

I will also say that When you look back at this little roller coaster ride in 5 years you will smile and say " Life is a Journey, Not a destination" SCREW YOU CHUCK I want high vacuum NOOOOOOW