+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When things come crashing down

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Default When things come crashing down

So i'm working on a project in my garage and had a trailer full of sheet steel. I also was having a bigger drive way poured so after having the 4 sheets of 1/8 thick 6 ft X 8 ft steel leaned up against the shelves in the garage I went to work while the guys finished the cement. Well my son called me and said get home Mom tried to move the steel away from the shelves to get a broom. He didn't sound all that upset but said she is hurt so I hug up the phone headed home. I called him back and asked how bad is she hurt and he said they called 911 and an ambulance was on its way. I called a few neighbors and rallied the troops and kicked it up a notch and when I got home the garage was full of firemen and paramedics neighbors and a few guys from the cement company. Well she thought she could just lean it back a sneak and grab the broom. Yea the sheets came down pushing her backwards with the corners leaving a nice scratch down her front until the edges hit her knee slapping her down onto the ground. pinning her foot under the sheet. My son was able to get the metal up and she rolled out into the new driveway.

So the short story is she has a few fractures in her foot and she left a lasting impression in the driveway. She is still talking to me and is now walking around in a walking cast I know this isn't maple related but as usual nothing is ever easy around me. So this weekend I'm hooking up my mobile dog house and go into the mountains and give her some space.

Scary, glad to hear she's OK. Could have been worse. Good thought on leaving for the weekend!

I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse, actually pretty mild with you being involved. The wife and I will be arriving in Colorado Springs on June 4th for vacation. I'll give you a call and see what you recommend for places to visit and places to help avoid an ER visit.

Bob
    Smoky Lake 2x6 dropflu pans and hoods on homemade arch
    Smoky Lake 6 gallon water jacked bottler
    Concentric Exhaust
    250 Deer Run RO
    325 taps

Thanks super sapper. Give the royal gorge a try and then look up the petrified forest tour and drive the hog back all in Colorado springs area.

Wow Chuck your wife is lucky she didn't get hurt worse than she did.

SS I don't know where Colorado Springs is in relation to Pikes Peak but if you have a chance to go to Pikes Peak, drive up the auto road it's worth the trip.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

I have lived here 38 years and have never made the trip up to the top of Pikes Peak. I see it every day but never made the trip. Just drive west and you will have a blast.

I went up Pike's Peak in 1960, the view was excellent. We rode up in a limo, the hairpin turns required the limo to do a 5-7 point turn on the tighter ones.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Might just have to take the wife up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haynes Forest Products View Post
    Might just have to take the wife up there.
    I've only been to Colorado once and it turned out to be the highlight of the trip. The brewery tours and other things that I did couldn't compare.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

It is on the agenda. They discontinued the train going up to pikes peak, you didn't have anything to do with that did you Chuck? Stopping in Kansas City to sample the barbeque on the way out. It should be a great trip.
    Smoky Lake 2x6 dropflu pans and hoods on homemade arch
    Smoky Lake 6 gallon water jacked bottler
    Concentric Exhaust
    250 Deer Run RO
    325 taps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast