+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gear pump rebuild experience?

Default gear pump rebuild experience?

I just tore my oberdorfer pump apart because it quit pumping syrup mid season. Replaced it with an air diaphragm but was thinking about using it for maple cream machine. Shaft is a little wore but housing where the shaft goes to motor has a slight mar in it where i drove it out. At what point are they not worth rebuilding? Saw i can get a new one fir 310 bucks.

I’m guessing you may have a 1/2 in gear pump for the press. Most cream machines have 3/4 to 1 inch pumps. Anyways if you decide to rebuild the pump it should come with new gears and shaft. Just make sure you also get new gaskets and packings for the pump. As you already noticed it many times as cheap to just purchase a new pump vs rebuilding the old one. Good luck with what ever way you decide to go.
    Jake Moser
    Moser's Maple

2 beautiful little girls
    1 wife that's become her mother

www.facebook.com/mosersmaple

Yep. 1/2 inch. I was wondering if that was the case. Any success on a 1/2 pump? Any particular brand you guys are fond of? I have no real use for it but was considering trying maple cream and thought it might be worth rebuilding for that. If its even marginal I may just hold off till i can afford the right pump. Wish the air diaphram would do the job. Hate having all this expensive equipment that gets used so little.

+ Reply to Thread