+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Putting my RO to bed.

Question Putting my RO to bed.

My previous membrane used a liquid soap that was real easy. Now I have an XLE 4040.

What is the proper PH for washing?

Do you XLE guys also do an end of season acid wash and soak with citric acid?

And finally, what is the chemical for preserving the membrane and how much should I add to say...5 gallons of water in the wash tank?

Oh....and should I buy a gallon of antifreeze? I do keep the machine inside, but I hear it’s good for the rest of the ro to have it in the system.
    2x6 Lightning.
    450 taps on tubing. 20+ buckets.
    14 x 22 Post and Beam Sugarhouse.
    125 GPH Springtech Mini Elite R/O
    Member: International Springtech Mini Elite Owners Club. Serial # R6954

Here's a big THANKS to my "tree owning" neighbors.

And yes.....we too.....have a bunch of chickens.
    Correction... they went on strike..so the chickens are now gone.

No...that's not true. We got some more chickens and sure enough...they are NOT laying.
    We never learn.

I found the answer to the question about preservative. Sodium meta-bisulfite. 1 TBL spoon in 10 gallons of water with 1 gallons of anti freeze. Same as my old membrane.

Still curious about the proper ph for washing and whether or not you guys are doing an acid soak?
    2x6 Lightning.
    450 taps on tubing. 20+ buckets.
    14 x 22 Post and Beam Sugarhouse.
    125 GPH Springtech Mini Elite R/O
    Member: International Springtech Mini Elite Owners Club. Serial # R6954

Here's a big THANKS to my "tree owning" neighbors.

And yes.....we too.....have a bunch of chickens.
    Correction... they went on strike..so the chickens are now gone.

No...that's not true. We got some more chickens and sure enough...they are NOT laying.
    We never learn.

A soap wash is for organic compounds in or on the membrane, an acid wash is for mineral compounds that are in the membrane, you need both. First the Soap, then a good rinse followed by an acid wash. Post season, I suggest doing the acid wash for 2-3 weeks. Once the acid is filling the membrane canister, drain and rinse the wash tank.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread