+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cleaning 275 gal totes

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Anybody ever install one of them covers on them plastic tanks,that are made for hauling water in the back of a pickup?They have such little covers,one mounted in center would be nice.
    I've only mounted them on my cage tanks. I don't see why they wouldn't work on a pick-up tank if there was a place large enough to cut it in.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Lets talk about hydraulics having a small hole/lid on a moving tank is designed to keep the lid from giving way under pressures. Plus because most tanks are one way and drain from the bottom once in its life span. Now you cut in a lid that is 4 times bigger than original and not as well made or designed for the pressures you can have problems. The tops are not all designed for a 16-24" man way so pick and chose wisely.

If the tank is a stationary one don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Haynes Forest Products; 05-18-2018 at 06:43 PM.

As long as you still have the supports in place I can't see why it would matter.

I use the pail method in both cage tanks and a truck tank and it works pretty good.
    Smoky Lake 2x6 dropflu pans and hoods on homemade arch
    Smoky Lake 6 gallon water jacked bottler
    Concentric Exhaust
    250 Deer Run RO
    325 taps

Picked those up on this recommendation. What did you use to cut the totes?

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Lampron View Post
    I bought and installed these manhole covers that I got on Amazon. I lay the tote on it's side and reach in and scrub all of the surfaces with a Scotchbrite pad. I then rinse it out with a pressure washer.

Attachment 18650

Attachment 18651

Quote Originally Posted by canaanmaple View Post
    Picked those up on this recommendation. What did you use to cut the totes?
    I use the same covers. I used a sawsall to cut mine.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

When you wash your IBC totes do you pressure wash with cold water (<100 degrees F) or hot water ( >100 degrees F)?

Haynes Forest Products Guest

What ever is available its the pressure that gets the big chunks and the sanitizer that keeps it fresh. I picked nup an 2200 PSI Ryobi washer from HD and it came with a whirly nozzle and they kick butt. I use the same nozzle to bore under sidewalks for irrigation pipes it will. It will cut a 10" hole like butter. Now when I clean the totes I took the removable wand and bent it at about a 20 degree angle and it works 100% better to get all sides and underside the top. Now when you bend the wand make sure you remove the wand from the trigger handle when you bend it over your knee. I read somewhere that you can break the thing right off the plastic valve handle or maybe I saw some guy do it from afar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123