+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moble Kitchen?

Default Moble Kitchen?

Wondering if anyone has, or has seen, a moble kitchen for bottling Syrup? Knowing what rule are coming down the pipe, I am thinking that maybe a commercial moble bottling kitchen might have some merit. Not just for my own use but to be able to assist other small sugar makers to process their syrup. I have an old Airstream camper trailer I am thinking I could gut and redo into a kitchen.

Any thoughts orproblems with the idea or suggestions? Thanks, McGill

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I don't see why it wouldn't work. If they can do mobil meat processing and sell perishable foods from a truck why not bottling. I believe your name would have to me listed on the label as the bottler. Yet I had a fellow producer bottle at my shack and he sold retail and didn't put my licence on the label.

Wisconsin law only allows for a license at a physical address.
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by jmayerl View Post
    Wisconsin law only allows for a license at a physical address.
    Hey Jmayer:
    Was at a Maple Producers seminar yesterday near Merrill Wisconsin at Maple Hollow and He (Dr. Gary Graham from Ohio Extension) went over this subject. I might be wrong but it sounded like you have to have an address, one that can be found in the phone book, but it doesn't have to be the location of production it is just the contact location. I'll bet if you contact Dr. Gary he would be able to help with info. Jay
    Zucker Lager

Thanks. I was also in Merrill and that's what got me thinking. I'll pursue the idea with him.

+ Reply to Thread